Our editing and proofreading are done by experienced, senior level editors/proofreaders. For every project, we perform a detailed quality control process in order to produce error-free translations.
At least three professional language specialists work on each project: one translator, one editor and one proofreader. The language specialists involved in the project are determined according to the field of the text. For example, the translation/proofreading of a text relevant to engineering is done by translators/proofreaders who have a background and experience in engineering.
After completion of the translation, the editor in charge of the project evaluates the text’s fluency and use of terminology and checks for mistranslations, spelling errors, mispunctuation, and consistency errors in detail. The editor also checks the sentence structures, use of language, and culturally sensitive points. During this process, the editor can make additions to passages and/or omit passages between sentences or between paragraphs to ensure fluency of the text.
The final stage in the quality control process is carried out by a proofreader, who checks the translation’s fidelity to its source text and its page layout.
Kalite Tercume’s quality control process includes an inspection of the terminology specific to the field of the source text and the target text. For example, in a legal document, all legal terminology is scrutinized in the source text and the translation of the legal terms is verified for the target text.
We select our editors from among professionals who are specialized and experienced in the relevant field and who have undergraduate, graduate or PhD degrees from leading universities of Turkey and the world. Thanks to all these efforts your texts are guaranteed to be error-free and ready for printing. /p>
Our editing service includes the following stages
- Correction of grammar, spelling and punctuation errors
- Check for appropriate wording to convey the message of the source text accurately and in the same writing style
- Ensure fluency and readability of the entire target text
- Ensure fluency in sentence structure and passages between paragraphs
- Improve sentence structures
- Correct sentences with poor wording
- Make the presentation effective and simple
- Check the conjugations and tenses throughout the text
- Remove unnecessary repetitions and excess and correct irrelevant parts
- Check for ambiguity in information and arguments
- Check for the consistent and accurate use of specialized terminology in the translation
- Check the technical terms
- Check for the use of equivalents that are suitable for the relevant jargon.
- Check for the use of correct active and passive structures
- Ensure subject-verb agreement
- Check for the accurate use of capitalization
- Check for the correctness of abbreviations
- Check the units of measurements
- Check for the correct use of symbols and decimals
- Confirm compliance with the client’s instructions and check reference texts
Our proofreading service includes the following stages
- Correction of any grammatical, spelling or punctuation errors
- Check for correct document layout, typography and accurate content
- Correction of visual inconsistencies (space, number, date formats etc.)