Desktop Publishing Features
- Several computer software programs are used.
- Many printed or digital publications, from books to journals and brochures, can be prepared in a very short time using desktop publishing. If these publications are translated with suitable computer-assisted translation (CAT) tools, their page designs are not corrupted in the target language texts. Thus, considerable cost savings can be achieved.
- Unlike in traditional publishing, with desktop publishing, documents are quickly made ready for the printing phase.
- With desktop publishing, hi-resolution, impressive documents are produced.
- Pictures and graphics can be created and resized, content can be placed on the page and index pages can be prepared using various desktop applications.
- Less labor is needed in desktop publishing compared to traditional publishing.
- Desktop publishing saves time.
- Errors are removed before the printed materials are sent to the printing press. Therefore, energy and budget savings are provided.
Many formats, such as books, brochures, invoices, journals, user guides and marketing materials, have specific visual design elements. Our desktop publishing department prepares all your documents for transferring into the digital media and makes your documents ready for printing by performing final visual checks after translation is completed.
Kalite Tercume not only designs the website from scratch, but it also rearranges the site codes by translating the contents of your previous websites into different languages with our team of experts in the field of web design.
We are at your disposal during all visual processes, including preparation of the pages for translation after formatting them, sizing of the images and preparation of the translations in the same format as the source material.
As part of our desktop publishing services, we can deliver the printed or digital files to be translated in the original file format upon request.
The proofreading performed after desktop publishing is one of the final phases of the translation process. This final review guarantees that the localized material is completely error-free.
A simple layout or spelling error may dramatically affect a client’s product or brand perception, regardless of the otherwise high quality of the translation. This is particularly true for marketing and advertising materials.
Outputs from desktop publishing directly affect the utilization and approval of that product by public authorities. For example, incorrect numerical data contained in financial materials or dosages of medicines may have severe consequences. This indicates that the revisions performed during and after desktop publishing are steps that should not be neglected.
Kalite Akademik Tercüme uses desktop publishing programs to visually improve your digital files and to develop their design. We redesign all kinds of complicated contents and do the formatting, typesetting and printing of these contents.
Our specialist team uses the following desktop publishing and graphic design applications:
- Adobe® Photoshop®
- Adobe® Illustrator®
- Adobe® InDesign®
- Adobe® Dreamweaver®
- Adobe® Bridge®
- Adobe® Acrobat DC®
- Adobe PageMaker
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Macromedia FreeHand